When a team is playing as well as the Mariners have been in July, the expectation is that they’ll make a key addition before the trade deadline to further bolster its roster.
Why can’t we do it at Seattle Sports, too?
Joe Fann: The M’s are worthy of your emotional investment
For our Weekly Bob’s Baseball Breakdown video with Bob Steltonwe picked up a rental of our own in the form of Mariners Analyst and former MLB pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith. Luckily with the Mariners on an eight-game winning streak, 16-3 record over their last 19 contests and now sitting in position for an American League wild card spot, we picked a good time to add a Lefty with Veteran experience.
In this week’s video, Bob and “Hyphen” address a number of Mariners topics, including:
• How they’ve so quickly turned around after falling 10 games under .500 three weeks ago
• First baseman (and Seattle’s best hitter) Ty France being snubbed for the All-Star Game
• The nastiness the M’s are now rolling out on the mound
• Who Julio Rodríguez, the one Mariners All-Star, is Reminiscent of
• Which players M’s general manager Jerry Dipoto should be targeting before the trade deadline
Watch the full edition of Bob’s Baseball Breakdown at the top of this post, and be sure to subscribe to the Seattle Sports YouTube channel for more videos like this.
For more on the M’s from SeattleSports.com, click on any of the stories below:
• ESPN’s Tim Kurkjian: Julio will be one of the MLB’s best “soon”
• Brock & Salk’s big takeaway from huge M’s surge
• Mariners On Fire: Three things jumping out from their Stellar run
• The Bullpen just got even nastier with the addition of Matt Brash
• MLB Network’s Jon Morosi: Why Seattle is surging now, trade needs