The show isn’t over yet.
Ricky Martin is now suing his nephew — who previously accused the Latin singer of abuse — to the tune of $20 million.
The “La Vida Loca” singer filed suit in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Wednesday against Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, claiming his nephew was attempting to “assassinate” the singer’s reputation, according to court docs obtained by The Post.
The lawsuit, first reported by TMZ, comes after the 50-year-old pop star was slapped with accusations that he was romantically involved with Sanchez, and allegedly harassed the young man after their relationship ended.
In July, Martin’s 21-year-old nephew claimed he was a victim of domestic abuse and incest at the hands of Martin and was granted a restraining order against the singer.
Martin’s attorney denied the “disgusting” and “untrue” accusations, saying the accuser has “mental health challenges.” Eventually, the case against Martin was dropped, but according to the latest legal action taken by Martin, Sanchez didn’t stop there.
In fact, Martin claimed one month after Sanchez withdrew the restraining order, that he bombarded Martin with messages via social media, and vowed to “assassinate his reputation and integrity” if Martin didn’t cough up some money.
Sanchez once boasted about being Martin’s nephew, the new lawsuit alleges — that is, before he made claims of incest and domestic violence. In the paperwork, Martin said he received an onslaught of direct messages for four months, sometimes getting more than 10 in a day.
The messages, according to Martin, were sent by a “maladjusted individual,” who also leaked the singer’s phone number on Instagram and created parody accounts for one of Martin’s kids.
Due to Sanchez’s allegations, Martin claims to have lost multimillion-dollar deals, and now seeks $20 million as compensation for the damages, in addition to leaving the singer feeling “unsafe” in Puerto Rico.
Martin has been vocal about how “painful” the claims against him were, calling them “devastating” for him and his loved ones.
“It has been so painful. It has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends, and I wouldn’t wish this upon anybody,” Martin said last month. “To the person that was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best and I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy, and he doesn’t hurt anybody else.”
Martin is meanwhile weathering another $3 million lawsuit brought by his former manager, Rebecca Drucker, in July, who alleges she is owed unpaid commissions. Her suit further hinted at a “potentially career-ending allegation” occurring in September 2020, although Martin “emerged unscathed and proceeded with his professional resurgence.”
The next hearing for Drucker’s suit is scheduled for Oct. 5.